About Me

My photo
I started as a Krazegrl, and now I'm a a Krazemom, welcome to my Krazelife!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011

In 2011 I turn 30. I've committed to overhauling my life. The past two years has been a challenging time in my life. I don't want to recap it as I'm focused on looking forward, but I will admit that looking back I'm amazed I made it through!
I'm excited to look forward to all the wonderful and exciting changes that 2011 will bring. The first and possibly the biggest change in our household came late in 2010. My hubby was recalled to GM, and although his start date had to be delayed, he's back now, full time, on midnights. The steady paycheck will help us with our first commitment of 2011 which is to get our finances under control. We are hoping to finish 2011 with less debt then we have started with (none would be best!) We are unsure of our strategies as of yet, but I do know that we will continue to live as if we are on a reduced income.
My second commitment somewhat ties in with my first. I am committed to buying less processed/packaged food, by cooking more of my own food. Now some people that know me, and my love of cooking might find this strange. However, I tend to only cook when I feel like it. I sometimes go for weeks with only cooking the usual suspects in my repertoire. I am aiming at trying one new recipe a week. I have an extensive cookbook library, and love browsing allrecipes and cooks.com I started this last week as well, and I made fresh homemade perogies from scratch. This week I am going to try making a cream of broccoli soup. I'll post a link to the soup when I decide on a recipe :)
 Now I know these two recipes aren't the healthiest meal options going, given that my third commitment is to over hall my health, (read: diet and exercise). I did try the perogies, but I limited myself to 4 small plus sour cream. we had it as part of put meal with veggies and roast beef. As part of my get healthy commitment my mom has agreed to join fitness bootcamp with me. I'll admit I'm intimidated, for a number of reasons. My mom is going to kick my butt at it, she is in awesome shape! It's outside in the wonderful Canadian winter...brrr. And I know I am waaaaaaay out of shape to be starting it. Although I have found a walking partner and made it our once with her, and made it back to the gym tonight, I really should have been back at the gym in September! Bootcamp starts next week so I am planning to hit the gym tomorrow and Wednesday.  Tomorrow will be a busy day, but if the weather is as nice as it was today I would like to take the Monkey boys for a walk again.
The next commitment goes hand in hand with the above two. It's something I've struggled with all my life in fact. I need to start eating Breakfast. It's funny, because I love breakfast! I am horrible at eating when I get up though :( I can remember my mom making me Carnation Breakfast shakes so I had something in me before grade school, and having a cookie the size of my head everyday for breakfast in high school. Back in September we started going to the Courtice flea market on the weekends, to buy meat and farm fresh eggs. I love soft boiled eggs so I am going to start by having a soft boiled egg tomorrow and Wednesday. I would love to commit to eating something for breakfast at least 4-5 days a week. And by breakfast I mean within the first two hours of getting up :)
Wish me luck in this KrazeLife! 

1 comment:

  1. Bootcamp makes you a brave girl! Which one did you join?

    ReplyDelete