About Me

My photo
I started as a Krazegrl, and now I'm a a Krazemom, welcome to my Krazelife!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Faking it

I have a complete and absolute dislike of Valentines day. I always have. My mom does. Trust me, I inherited it. I think I might have liked it at one point, but more in the wear as many hearts and as much red white and pink as you can, kind of way.I won't subject you to the many reasons I hate celebrating a day when I'm told to tell the person I love that I love them, by buying them some useless crap. Trust me, I don't like the day.  My poor hubby can attest that the dislike of both valentines day, and cut flowers, is a family trait. Our first Vday together he showed up to my house with flowers for my mom, my sister and I. Sweetest gesture ever, and much appreciated, but I don't think he expected to see all of the flowers dying days later in the vase because we all forgot to put water in them. Poor guy! 
Needless to say that we've never made a huge deal out of the day. We've gone out with a group of friends, stayed in and had dinner, forgot about it all together, spent the day apart. 
This year I've come to the realization that I can't inflict my dislike of the day on my monkeys. So like it or not, tomorrow I'll be faking it. 
I just came home from wallyworld. If I'm going to fake it, I'm going to fake it all the way! We've already put up some decorations. I bought them both raspberry YOP's for breakfast, I'm going to make them pancakes. They are going to have a red lunch. Watermelon. Strawberry YOP, Strawberry fruit to go bar, Swedish berries, red apple, red jell-o, and a Strawberry Jam sandwich, cut into the shape of a heart. I've also tucked in a note with some hockey cards, and silly bandz. If I'm gonna Fake it, I'm gonna fake it good!
We're still undecided on dinner plans as of yet. Hubby suggested Chinese food, which the monkeys are stuck on. I'm against it for various reasons (mostly because I can't eat it!) My vote is with something a little fancier, and homemade. Roast, and seafood of some sort? I dunno. I do know that we will be eating it on a table cloth, and I'll let the boys drink out of wine glasses, maybe even let them have some pop! I plan on lighting a candle or two. For dessert I'd like to dip strawberries and pineapple in chocolate, but that depends on if there is and strawberries and pineapple left at the store! 
So if you see me in hearts and flowers tomorrow, don't forget, I'm faking it!

No comments:

Post a Comment