About Me

My photo
I started as a Krazegrl, and now I'm a a Krazemom, welcome to my Krazelife!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cell Phones & Parents

Those nearest and dearest to me know I'm an iPhone junkie. Hubby and I both have one, but I am lost without mine. I take it EVERYWHERE with me. I'm not just an iPhone junkie though, I'm a text-a-holic. I'm willing to admit it, but NOT willing to change, lol. My bff's BB is broken and I'm feeling the void :S
Anyways, this is about parents and cells... My dad got a cell phone last summer. I have no idea who helped him pick it out, or if he just got the cheapest one at the store, (a strong possibility) but he has an old school phone, without a keyboard. I'm sure, in his mind, he didn't think he would ever text. I don't even know if he knew what the word text meant. needless to say the first few messages he sent me were interesting, often half a message and followed up with a phone call. He's gone to Florida for the winter, and has graduated to e-mail, but is still clueless. His message is about 5 words that probably took him half an hour to type out :S This techish daughter tends to sigh and shake her head A LOT when it comes to her dad.

Thank goodness for my mom. Although she's not a computer person, she has worked with them forever, and has emailed us since I was in high school. My sister spent a year down under, and my mom would chat with her via skype or msn, ect. However, she's never been a cell phone person. She's had On-Star in two of her cars, and would use that, but she never felt the need for a cell phone. Before Christmas she bought one, then returned it. So after the kobo I bought her arrived broken, and not replaceable, I decided to get her a cell phone. I wasn't interested in locking her into a plan, and TBH she doesn't need a fancy smart phone or anything yet. I looked at a ton of prepaid plans for her and found an unlimited text, unlimited calling during a time block and unlimited web browsing for $20/month from Bell and decided on the LG Rumour 2 which has a slide out QWERTY keyboard. I set the phone up and added in a few contacts for her, then showed her how to add people in ect. So far it's been awesome! She's been texting me daily (we talk almost everyday anyways) and thus far we have avoided any http://parentsshouldnttext.com/ kuffles. She's learned to use the camera on her phone, and was taking pictures of the monkeys playing tim bits hockey :) She makes a techish daughter happy! <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment