About Me

My photo
I started as a Krazegrl, and now I'm a a Krazemom, welcome to my Krazelife!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Random Recipies

Two in one night! Yup, I've been slacking...
I love cooking, and baking.
Here are a few of the recipes I either love, or want to try:
Reese Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bars
My Fave Chocochip recipe

Cilantro Salsa

tomatoes
onions
jalapeƱo peppers
cilantro
lime juice

Directions:
Start with the amount of tomatoes you think will be appropriate for the number of servings you desire. I usually use six or eight, depending on their size. Chop the tomatoes into small, small pieces. Add onion and jalapeno peppers to taste (also chopped very small). Add chopped cilantro and lime juice (fresh is much better than reconstituted). Mix everything together and let sit for a couple of hours so the flavor can blend. This is really good with refried beans. It's also good with tortilla chips. Enjoy!




Perogies!!!

Rocky Road Fudge

2 Cups Chocolate Chips
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2tbsp Butter
2tsp vanilla
2 cups peanuts
1.5 cups mini marshmallows

Melt together chips, butter & milk (microwave is good because it doesn't burn and it's faster)
Stir in vanilla & nuts
Cool to lukewarm and fold in marshmallows
Pour into 9 X 13 pan lined with saran wrap 
Cool & store in fridge


Skor Cheesecake
2 tubs of cream cheese
2 eggs
1 lg tub of caramel apple dip
3-4 Skor Bars


Beat till smooth
crush 3-4 Skor bars and mix in
poor into a premade graham cracker pie crust 
Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 25 mins. 



Crock Pot Roast




Can of cream of mushroom

Can of water

Generous sprinkle of Epicure 3 Onion

few splashes of Worcestershire sauce

put everything in the crock pot with the beef, when done boil sauce down if necessary.


Tortilla Roll-Ups
These quick-to-assemble tortilla roll-ups have zing!


Servings: 15
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients:


1 pkg. tortillas 
1 pkg. cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream (I have used mayo (Hellman's) in a pinch and it was fine)
1 pkg. dry ranch dressing mix
6 green onions, chopped very fine
Salsa

Directions:
Mix cream cheese, sour cream, ranch mix, and green onion. Spread on tortillas. Roll the tortillas and wrap them in foil or plastic. Refrigerate overnight. Before serving, slice them into 1/2-inch pieces and serve with salsa. 




Sweet Potato Casserole

I have plenty more to come... And my MIL just gave me an amazing present, a cookbook from England with recipes dating back into the 1700 & 1800's and the early part of the 1900's. I had a brief look at it, but I'm really excited to read it this week and test out a few of the concoctions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment