About Me

My photo
I started as a Krazegrl, and now I'm a a Krazemom, welcome to my Krazelife!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It's been awhile

Today I joined in the celebration of a life that, in my opinion ended too soon, but I am not God, and we must trust his plan. She was a very young 72 years old, with one sister, one brother in law, 3 daughters, 3 son in laws, 7 grandchildren (plus two of their husbands), and 3 great grandchildren. What a wonderful full family. 
Although she was of no blood relation to me, she occupies a great many of my childhood memories because  I have been  lucky enough to have know this wonderful family almost all my life. 
The oldest of the granddaughters and I have been friends since we were 1. We were neighbours and friends, our mothers were neighbours and friends. As were our sisters and fathers. Growing up I didn't know how lucky we were, but looking back I can't believe how  unbelievably blessed we were.  . We lived across the street from each other, and our days were spent together, usually trying to avoid our little sisters, who were the same age as well. At one point I think we had spent so much time having sleep overs we stopped asking and just decided what house we would sleep at. We were different as night and day, but that never seemed to matter.  We walked to and from school together, went to brownies together, and played on the same baseball team. Until my family moved away and I went to a different high school. We drifted apart through high school and each moved on with our lives, not forgetting, but not as close. I will never forget the wonderful email I received when she found out I was getting married. touching and thoughtful as always, she offered to help in anyway she could. Having her there through the planning and reception meant the world to me. One of my favorite memories from my reception was catching a glimpse of the tears in her eyes as my husband and I danced our first dance. She was one of the few people in the room who knew how much the song meant to me, and it stills astonishes me that she remembered that many years later. We now get to watch our own children play together, and grow together. 
Over the years we have shared secrets, friends, toys and clothes, but most of all we have shared our families.
My grandparents often ask me how she is doing, and if I mention her name, my aunts all know her. Her aunts and uncles were like second aunts and uncles to me, their houses were houses I visited when I was young, her  parents were like a second set of parents to me, and of course her Nana was like a Nana to me. 
Thank you for the memories, and thank you for the wonderful family you raised, with out you my life would have been less full, and I wouldn't be lucky enough to know that. 
A, thank you for sharing your family with me, both then and now. Love you always and forever xoxox
Rest in Peace Nana S 

No comments:

Post a Comment